SO.... it's the weekend. I've been crazy busy all week and haven't really been able to MAKE anything for myself to eat (you know, besides salad, cereal, sandwich, snacks, leftovers etc). So I went all out tonight and made TWO soups! (I couldn't decide between the two:) ). This is what I made:
Madame Sucre's Roasted Tomato Soup
3-4 fresh tomatoes - sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 big onion chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
2 tbs cream
2 cups chicken stock
1 tbs basil
salt n pepper
1. In a pot, roast the sliced tomatoes, some olive oil, chopped onions, garlic cloves and a drizzle of the balsamic vinegar, and salt n pepper.
2. Roast for 25 minutes , at 200c (medium low-ish heat??).
3. In a sauce pan , melt butter , add flour until a bit browned.
4. Combine the butter and flour mixture to the roasted tomatoes and onions, then add 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2 cups of chicken stock and salt n pepper. Boil for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Blend together until very smooth and creamy.
6. Add cream and mix together on very low heat for about 2 minutes.
7. Add basil and serve with some garlic bread or something with a lot of delicious carbs. :)
This is my soup! (Excuse my Tupperware)
Blender Black Bean Soup - Serves 4
2 cans black beans – drained and rinsed
2 cups gluten free chicken or vegetable stock
½ cup prepared salsa
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt & Pepper
1 lime – optional
½ cup sour cream
Juice of ½ a lime
Sliced green onions or cilantro
Put 1 can of black beans in a blender with the chicken or vegetable stock, salsa and ground cumin. Blend until smooth. Put into a saucepan with the other can of beans and heat over medium heat. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Add the lime juice.
p.s. I added rice and corn. Just because.
Stir some lime juice into the sour cream until smooth and swirl some over the top of each serving and garnish with chopped green onions or cilantro.
Go make it.