Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Green Goddess Rice

Green rice = weird. Green Goddess rice = very delicious and delightful

I would like to thank my new favorite chef on the Food Network, Claire Robinson from 5 Ingredient Fix for this recipe. She makes the best food on TV and even rivals my adoration for Rachael Ray. (Rachael Ray always will win, though, because she has a sweet TV show. Since when do I watch TV though, you might ask? Oh, ever since Mark got himself a TV and DVR Dish for his birthday. :) I used to hate it, but then I found stuff I like on TV, and now I can't break away from it! Oh well....


Green Goddess Rice

Ingredients
  • 1 ½ cups basmati rice
  • Kosher salt
  • 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Cook the rice. Meanwhile, put the avocado, basil, lemon juice, oil, and 1/4 cup water in a blender and puree. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add more water if needed and puree until the mixture is the consistency of sour cream.

Fluff the rice with a fork and gently fold the green dressing into the warm rice. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve immediately.


No comments: