Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Green Pea and Pesto Soup, and other green things

I'm obsessed with green drinks. It's true. I know the green color really messes with people and drives them away (most especially my dear, dear husband...)
So I have divided humans into 2 groups:

1. "Green people"
2. Non-green people


-Green people understand green drinks and appreciate them. They are not bothered by color. They constantly try to convince non-greenies to convert to greenism.

-Non-green people do NOT understand the beauty of green colored foods and are frightened by the idea of their food being green. Also, they think green people are weird.


I haven't ever really been bothered by green colored things, and I'm not sure why. Am I the weird one? Not sure. But all I know is I like these smoothies, I like how they taste, and I like how they look. Their smooth, vibrant green is irresistible to me. Let me try to convince you if you aren't already "green":

The bits of green are there because my blender cost $40 and not $400, like the one used to make this one:
"If I were a rich man..."

I am a "Green person".
My favorite color is green.

Oh, how I love my green drinks.....
(And money!)

With that being said, I will now share with you a delightful Blender Pea and Pesto Soup, which is also green:
Ingredients:
3 C boiling water
1/2 t salt
3 C frozen peas
1 big squirt of lime juice
2 green onions
1/4 C prepared pesto

What you do is cook everything but the pesto on the stove until the peas are tender (about 5 minutes or less). Remove 1 of the green onions, then blend everything to a puree with the pesto. Then you have to drink it all up because it's most delicious when it's piping hot! Store whatever you don't drink in pretty jars and give it to other "green people". Or in the back of your fridge where Non-greenies won't see it and sneak sips because they know it really is delicious but won't admit it.


2 comments:

Shantelle said...

LOVE this post. My favorite. Right there with ya girl. I think 99% of people think we are cah-razy though.

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

You are amazing! i love you! and i love all the food!!1 YUM!!