My husband is extremely generous all the time. He loves inviting people over for Sunday lunch (which he calls "dinner", even though it's 1 in the afternoon) Last Sunday he informed me of the invitation he had made right before 3rd hour. I think it's a man thing, because I remember my dad doing the same thing all the time. Anyway, nothing was in the crock pot waiting for us when we got home(I wish house elves were real!), so we decided on breakfast food - our best go-to. To liven up the menu of pancakes and eggs, I made Banana Muffins. They were quite delicious!
Over ripe bananas, 2
All purpose flour, 1 3/4 cup
Light Brown Sugar, 3/4 cup
Baking powder, 1 tsp
Baking soda, 1/4 tsp
Salt, 1/4 tsp
Ground cinnamon, 1 tsp
Unsalted Butter (melted and cooled), 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour the muffin tray.
- Mash the over ripe bananas on a plate.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt,sugar, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, Melted butter, vanilla extract and to this add the lightly beaten eggs and mix well.
- Then add this mixture to the flour mixture and fold them together just until they are fully incorporated into a homogeneous mixture. If you over mix, they will be gross.
- Pour the batter to the prepared muffin tin and sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until its done and the tooth pick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
I actually really love having people over to eat. It's fun to make stuff like muffins that I probably wouldn't normally since I would have to eat all of them.