Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tofu Marinade and Gummy Vitamins

I just remembered that I never posted something very important: Tofu Marinade. I was inspired by some food blog... go figure. So this was MY experiment with marinating tofu:

Samantha’s Tofu Marinade
Start by pressing your tofu.* This will drain the water out of it so that it will absorb the marinade. Cut in triangles. Marinate the tofu for about an hour in the marinade. Then bake, sauté, fry, or eat it cold!

1 ½ tsp minced garlic
1 ½ tsp sesame seeds
5 tsp vinegar
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup pineapple juice
1 tsp vegetable oil
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano

Save the leftover marinade to dip the tofu in. Serve with rice. Or on a salad. Or or or...

*Pressing tofu is easily done by sandwiching the tofu between 2 plates and placing something kind of heavy on top. Drain the water as it appears. 15 minutes each side.

Next time I might add ginger and lime. Also, I won't marinate the tofu for so long... it had a very distinct flavor. I like a more mild flavor. But for some people (like... anti-tofu eating men), the flavor might be completely necessary in order to prevent gagging. I just so happen to like tofu and don't mind its texture or "flavor".

NEXT ITEM OF BUSINESS

You know those gummy vitamins you used to eat when you were a kiddo? Ok. Just because you're bigger than an 8 year old does not mean your too old to keep eating them. In fact, 2 of these gummy bundles of *JOY* a day is a great way to prevent cold sores. And other sicknesses. Don't get me wrong, I still take my daily vitamins via old lady pill box, but more vitamins can't hurt, eh? PLUS, I really don't know why, but I literally look forward to the time of day when I get to take my vitamins. You betcha I don't ever forget to take my vitamins anymore!
(Available at Wal Mart, Sam's Club, Costco etc.)

1 comment:

Nelson and Suz said...

I'm ashamed to admit, even though I am a Sumsion, I don't particularly love tofu... but, I think I might have to try this recipe. Oh, and kiddy vitamins... I've been taking them religiously ever since Mallory told us about their cold sore preventative nature. Love them. And I do think they work.