Cilantro Lime Rice (recipe below)
Chicken (shredded/small pieces sauteed/cooked and diced/whatever)
Black beans, drained and warmed up
Corn, warmed up
Sauteed Onions and peppers
Just assemble everything on top of each other and devour. :)
Cilantro Lime Rice
1 cup long grain rice (basmati?)
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
½ tsp. salt
½ cup fresh cilantro
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 t minced garlic
Cook the rice. While the rice is cooking, combine the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic and 2 tablespoons water in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Stir the mixture into the cooked rice and fluff with a fork.
For a surprise, I made a horchata for Mark as the drink, and he really really liked it!
- 1 1/3 cup uncooked white long-grain rice
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- Pour the rice and water into the bowl of a blender; blend until the rice just begins to break up, about 1 minute. Let rice and water stand at room temperature for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Strain the rice water into a pitcher and discard the rice. Stir the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar into the rice water. Chill and stir before serving over ice.
There are a lot of various recipe suggestions below the recipe on this sight: