Can you see the little shreds of carrot? :)
Carrot Cake Granola
-1 1/2 cup oats
-1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut or like 1/2 C sweetened
-1/4 cup pecan pieces (or however much you want)
-2 tbsp grounded flax seed
-2 tbsp wheat germ
-1/4 cup applesauce
-1/3 cup agave or honey
-1/2 cup shredded carrots (maybe more)
-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-Sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, just for good measure
1. Mix together oats, coconut, pecans, flax seed, and wheat germ.
2. Whisk applesauce, honey/agave, carrots, and spices in a separate bowl with a fork.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
4. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 fir 25 minutes, or until granola looks toasted and dried out enough.
5. Move the granola around a couple times, keeping some clusters together.
6. Store cooled granola in airtight container or keep in the freezer.